- This event has passed.
Roman Family Fun – Kids Dig It!
January 10 @ 10:00 am – January 14 @ 3:00 pm
Kids Dig It! is back these school holidays with Roman family fun. Join us at the Abbey Museum for a week of hands on, educational fun for the whole family. Kids can:
- Practice archery
- Train as a Roman Legionary
- Paint a Scutum (Shield) and A Roman Column
- Excavate Roman Artefacts
- Meet a Legionary and handle replica roman armour
- Create an edible Roman Road
- Create a Mosaic image
- Play Roman board games
- enjoy a meal at the Abbey Cafe
- and more!
Doors open at 9:30am for activities to start at 10:00am. Pre-booked activities can be selected when purchasing tickets (please scroll down to Add-ons).
Each child entry ticket includes admission for one adult. Any additional adults will require a ticket. Adults can assist their children with activities, they are not required to book for additional activities themselves.
The Abbey Cafe will be open from 9:30am – 2:00pm with a range of lunch options, sweet treats and coffee to enjoy.
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION
• Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
• Please stay at home if you have been in a declared hotspot, in close contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 or overseas in the last 14 days.
• Please stay at home if you have been in contact with anyone that has been in a hotspot or overseas in the last 14 days.
• Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Please keep a distance of 1.5m from others. If you are unable to socially distance please wear a mask.
• Please use the hand sanitizer stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
• Please practice good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
• If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.