- This event has passed.
Friends Presentation & AGM – ‘Symbols of health: coins and Roman Goddesses’ by Prof John Pearn
February 17 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Professor John Pearn presents an enlightening exploration into the numismatic world, where coins and medals are more than just currency – they are storytellers of health and well-being throughout the ages.
Why not come a little earlier and visit the Museum to see the collections of coins, sculpture, glass, stained glass, ceramics, carvings, lacquerware, prehistoric stone and bone tools, illuminated manuscripts and rare books.
Includes a light afternoon tea.
Not a member of the Abbey Museum Friends? Join here for discounted ticket prices
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION: Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- If you have been diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home until you have completed your isolation period and are no longer experiencing symptoms.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.
Covid refunds are provided with medical certificate or confirmation of registered positive Rapid Antigen test from Queensland Health or Positive PCR. *If cancelled within 48 hours of the event, only 50% refund is issued due to catering costs.