Join the Abbey Museum Friends and become involved in this unique Museum’s growth and development.
The Abbey Museum Friends is a group of people who have been inspired and excited by the Museum’s remarkable collection of international fine arts and antiquities. Their support of the Abbey Museum is essential to the future and ongoing sustainability of the organisation and its ability to provide vital programs, activities and experiences for visitors.
The Friends host a program of social and cultural events, including lectures and educational forums. These events are always stimulating and enjoyed in the company of like-minded people. They also organise fund-raising activities for the purchase of much needed equipment and artefacts. Join now.
Abbey Museum Friends and guests enjoy a presentation on Tell Halaf by Vera Windau-Heath
Friends assist in four key ways:
- increasing awareness of the Abbey Museum
- raising funds for Museum projects
- providing gifts and bequests
- volunteering at the Museum and its events such as the Medieval Festival or Picnic at Pemberley.
Current Abbey Museum Friend’s fundraising goals are:
- Annual purchase of significant objects for the Museum
- Preservation and conservation of the Medieval stained glass in the Museum’s collection
Membership benefits include:
- Free admission to the Abbey Museum
- Free admission to the annual Abbey Medieval Tournament
- Monthly e-newsletter, Tabula
- Annual magazine, LINDISFARNE
- Discounts to Friend’s events like the annual lecture series, annual luncheon and other Museum functions
|Abbey Museum Friends Events 2017|
|FEB||25||Vlad Dracula – the infamous impaler by Jodie Lane||7.30 pm|
|MAR||11||Abbey Trivia Night||6.00 pm|
|MAR||18||Tell Halaf and the Cradle of Civilization by Vera Windau-Heath||2.00 pm|
|APR||22||To hell and back again in the Anatolian Bronze Age: Turkey from 2200-1200 BC by Andrew Fairbairn||2.00 pm|
|AUG||5||Her Breath Smelt of Mint and Myrrh by Damien Fegan||2.00 pm|
|OCT||28||Archaeology and Medicine – From the written word to reality by Dr Michelle Barton||1.00 pm|
|NOV||11||Abbey Trivia Night||6.00 pm|
|NOV||25||A Medieval Christmas – a night of Gregorian Chant||6.30 pm|
Join online or email Bridget at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Abbey Museum on 5495 1652