Abbey Museum Friends
The Abbey Museum Friends are a group of inspired supporters that wish to be more involved with what the Museum and all it has to offer, including its remarkable collections and engaging program of activities and experiences.
The history of the Abbey Museum and its collection of international fine arts and antiquities, continues to be a source of inspiration and awe to those who visit or attend our events. We are very grateful that there are many talented and energetic people willing to offer their ongoing support to the Museum in different ways. This support is essential to our growth, sustainability and ability to provide educational programs, activities and experiences for our visitors in accordance with the Museum’s vision and mission.
Join the Abbey Museum Friends and play an important role in preserving history and make a valuable contribution to our unique museum’s growth and ongoing development.
Benefits of the Abbey Museum ‘Friends’ Membership
- Free admission to the Abbey Museum.
- Discounted rate of 50% off the gate price to the Abbey Medieval Festival (please phone the Abbey Museum on 07 5495 1652 to purchase discounted tickets).
- Receive the monthly e-newsletter with the latest news on the happenings at the Museum and the upcoming events and floor-talks.
- Receive a copy of the annual magazine ‘LINDISFARNE’, filled with articles on the Museum’s artefacts and activities.
- Have first-hand opportunities to support acquisitions to the collection and improvement of the Abbey Museum facilities.
- Discounted admission to ‘FRIENDS’ events including:
- floor talks
- annual dinner and luncheon
- other social functions including exhibition openings and trips.
- Play an important role in preserving history.