Education Programs for Schools
The Abbey Museum offers a range of history-focused education programs for both primary and secondary schools. We offer a broad selection of activities and engaging experiences for history students including Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, Medieval Europe and Aboriginal Australia.
Ask us about programs aligned to the Australian Curriculum – (History and QSA senior secondary subjects, as well as the heritage programs for primary schools).
These are ideal to support your students’ history curriculum or for enrichment or extra curricular activity days.
Experience a relevant, interactive and fun school excursion.
Students will enjoy our popular, hands-on experiences, including archaeological digs, environmental heritage trails, and even an introduction to mummification!
The Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology offers an engaging learning environment including
- Displays with primary archaeological evidence of 500,000 years of world history
- Displays showcasing a broad social context
- Programs facilitated by experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Guidelines to prepare for your visit
- Downloadable activity sheets for selected programs
- Risk Assessment statements
- Programs may be modified on request to suit individual school requirements.