- This event has passed.
ARTefact – A Guided Tour by Geoff Ginn
March 4 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Have you visited the Museum and think you have seen all there is to see? Well think again! Why not join local artist, Geoff Ginn, who will give you a unique tour of the Abbey Museum’s collection by looking at the amazing artefacts with new eyes… the eyes of an artist. Geoff presents an engaging and enthusiastic exploration of artefacts in the Museum looking at the form, the colour, the line and decorations and how humankind from its earliest beginnings have decorated and enhanced even utilitarian objects to make them beautiful to the eye and enrich the soul.
Tickets – $22.50 per person (includes light morning tea).
“Geoff’s careful selection of 15+ completely different artefacts allowed everyone to consider aspects of each piece that they may not ever have thought about. The Tour was very worthwhile and Geoff proved to be an engaging and knowledgeable guide.” – D and A Carr
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION: Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- If you have been diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home until you have completed your isolation period and are no longer experiencing symptoms.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.
Covid refunds are provided with medical certificate or confirmation of registered positive Rapid Antigen test from Queensland Health or Positive PCR. *If cancelled within 48 hours of the event, only 50% refund is issued.