- This event has passed.
Friends Annual Lunch and Presentation of “The Adventure of Story” by Dr Elizabeth Tatum
October 29, 2022 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Join Friends of the Abbey at its Annual Lunch followed by a presentation by Dr Elizabeth Tatum (Ph.D.) on the Adventure of Story.
Dr Elizabeth Tatum will take you on an adventure through the world of story. Explore why story is so important in helping us navigate our lives and understand our past. Follow the twists and turns as we peer into the depths of story development and reconnoiter the pathways used to hardwire our brains for story. Feel the chill of the coffin king and the thrill of meeting some of the fascinating characters who bring history to life through story.
If you have ever wanted to know why a story hooks you in, what is so special about stories and how they can be used to help us understand our past then come and join us for The Adventure of Story.
Join the Abbey Museum Friends for this fascinating presentation. All are welcome.
Booking Terms and Conditions apply.
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION
Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- If you have been diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home until you have completed your 5-day isolation period and are no longer experiencing symptoms.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.