- This event has passed.
Kids Dig It! Viking Family Fun
September 25 @ 10:00 am – September 29 @ 3:00 pm
Join us in the September 2023 School Holidays for a week of Family Fun!
25 – 29 September
Kids Dig It! is back these school holidays with Viking Family Fun. Join us at the Abbey Museum for a week of hands on, educational fun for the whole family.
• Practice archery.
• Carve your own Runic inscription.
• Learn about and practice weaving.
• Uncover Viking artefacts.
Doors open at 9:30am for activities to start at 10:00am. Pre-booked activities can be selected when purchasing tickets (please scroll down to Add-ons).
Each child entry ticket includes admission for one adult. Any additional adults will require a ticket. Adults can assist their children with activities, they are not required to book for additional activities themselves.
The Abbey Sausage Sizzle will be open each day, 11.00am – 1.00pm. Menu includes cheeseburgers, sausage on bread and cold drinks. Please bring cash. Gluten free options will be available daily unless sold out (please phone the office ahead to order gluten free). A coffee van will be stopping by the Museum during lunch time for your convenience – subject to availability. You are also welcome to bring your own picnic lunch to enjoy in the beautiful grounds of the Abbey Museum.
Booking Terms and Conditions Apply
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION: Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- If you have been diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home until you have completed your 7-day isolation period and are no longer experiencing symptoms.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.