Abbey Museum’s School Holiday Activities
Abbey Museum specialises in entertaining and engaging school holiday activities and workshops for children aged 3 to 12 years to explore history and archaeology.
Kids Dig It! Family Fun Weeks 2020
Taking place during school holidays, we have a number of historically themed programs to keep kids learning and active during the school down time. Representing distinct historical eras, the Kids Dig It! programs align with our museum values of ‘enriching peoples’ lives through the stories created from our collections’. During the school holidays, our collection can tell lots of stories! Activities include archery, excavating a mini archaeological dig, historical games, era costumes and dress-ups, mask making, shield painting, and so much more. Activities run from Monday to Friday (no weekends) and are open to groups also. Always conscious of cost and facilitation, the Abbey Museum puts your experience first!
13-17th January – Kids Dig It! Egyptian Family Fun Week
14-17th April – Kids Dig It! Oriental Family Fun Week
TBC – Kids Dig It! Medieval Family Fun Week
28 Sept – 2 Oct – Kids Dig It! Viking Family Fun Week
Feel free to visit the Abbey Cafe for lunch or bring your own picnic to have on the grounds!
Guidelines for groups
We have special guidelines for you to ensure the best possible experience
- Groups must pre-book (Note: only one Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) group accepted per day).
- Carers are required to provide active supervision.
- Carers are responsible for their group’s behaviour when on site.
- Maximum number per group – 60 kids.
- Minimum of 1 Carer per 10 children is required.
- Due to the nature of some activities, it is not guaranteed that OSHC groups will be able to participate in all activities.
- Larger groups will be required to split into smaller groups and participate in different activities at the same time.
Email us for more information or give us a call on (07) 5495 1652.