- This event has passed.
KIDS DIG IT! – ORIENTAL FAMILY FUN
September 24 @ 9:30 am - September 28 @ 3:00 pm$2.00 – $25.00
Monday 24th September – Friday 28th September
During this school holidays the Abbey Museum will offer our young visitors the opportunity to explore the ancient Orient, focusing on China, Japan, India and Burma (now known as Myanmar).
This family event offers a variety of hands-on and engaging activities that will keep kids and their parents busy, including:
- Digging up ancient treasures in our Mini Archaeological Dig
- Learning the art of Archery
- Playing ancient games – some of which will look familiar
- Making paper and origami
- Make a Diya – a oil lamp that is used in the Diwali festival
- Make a Terracotta Warrior
- Make a Noh Mask – these were used in Japanese theatre.
- and much more!
Doors open at 9:30am with activities running from 10:00am – 3:00pm.
Bring a picnic lunch or head to the Abbey Cafe for a delicious selection of food (sandwiches, hot dogs, cheeseburgers and salads), drinks, icy poles, cake and coffee at great prices! Running Monday to Friday, 10:30am – 1:30pm.
Tickets on sale now!