Kids Dig It! – Medieval Family Fun Week 2020 – *CANCELLED
June 29 @ 9:30 am - July 3 @ 3:00 pm
My Lords, my Ladies and gentlefolk all, medieval madness has take over the Abbey Museum. Join us on an exploration of life in the Medieval Europe, through hands on activities and crafts.
- Archery – in 1252 CE, a law was passed requiring all Englishmen between 15 and 60 years old to own a bow and arrows. In 1363 CE they were obligated to practice every Sunday.
- Archaeological Dig – excavate for Medieval artefacts.
- Heraldry – create your own family heraldry and paint it onto a shield.
- Make a poppet – dolls were called poppets in the middle ages and could be made of wood or fabric.
- Page training – this is the first step to becoming a knight. Do you have what it takes to be a page?
- Loom and lucet weaving – loom weaving to make tapestries that tell tales; lucet weaving to make cords for many uses.
- Games – Chess, Nine Men’s Morris, Alquerque, Fox and Geese, and Backgammon.
- Make a Stained Glass window
- And More!
Tickets available online and at the door. Buy online and save!
Ticket include 1 x each activity and admission to the museum for the child/ren and 1 parent/carer. Additional activities and adults will incur an added cost.
At the door tickets:
- $18 – 1 child (5-13 years)
- $34 – 2 children (5-13 years)
- $45 – 3 children (5-13 years)
- $55 – 4 children (5-13 years)
- $8 – under 5’s