The Journey of a Sofer: A Study into Spiritual Calligraphy by Brodie Taylor
April 24, 2021 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Sacred texts govern and guide a vast majority of our daily lives, through allegories, ancient stories and centurial sesquipedalian sentences that take years to truly understand. The protocols surrounding these sacred texts can be even more complicated, providing for a fascinating form of scholarship. In the Jewish tradition, the Torah Scroll, or Sefer Torah has strict laws governing the creation of such a document, which are upheld by an elite class of calligrapher; the Sofers.
Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- Please stay at home if you have been in a declared hotspot, in close contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Please stay at home if you have been in contact with anyone that has been in a hotspot or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Please keep a distance of 1.5m from others.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.