The Big Dig Day
October 15 @ 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Have you ever fancied being an archaeologist for the day? If so, then come on down to the Abbey Museum and take part in our exciting archaeological digs.
Discover the wonders of Ancient Rome at our realistic archaeological dig and then visit the Museum to view our fascinating collection of antiquities, fine art, archaeology and cultural heritage.
Who can attend? Adults and children 12 years and above.
What to bring? Enclosed shoes, hat or cap, sunscreen and water.
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION
Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission.
Please see COVIDSAFE information below:
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- Please stay at home if you have been in a declared hotspot, in close contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Please stay at home if you have been in contact with anyone that has been in a hotspot or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Please keep a distance of 1.5m from others. If you are unable to socially distance please wear a mask.
- Please use the hand sanitizer stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practice good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.