- This event has passed.
Secret Women’s Business: Feminine Hygiene in the Middle Ages by Rosalie Gilbert
February 27, 2021 @ 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
We don’t discuss it in polite company, because it’s one of ‘Those Things’. It’s not Nice. In fact, it’s a little bit gross. Medieval women faced many challenges like modern women today, some of them quite mundane. Nothing is more mundane than the workings of the woman’s body in her natural cycle, and yet we rarely discuss it. Medieval women faced the same issues with their reproductive organs that women have always faced, and in this talk, author Rosalie Gilbert gives us the low down on what’s going on low down with the ladies.
A light afternoon tea will follow the talk.
Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- Please stay at home if you have been in a declared hotspot, in close contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Please stay at home if you have been in contact with anyone that has been in a hotspot or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Please keep a distance of 1.5m from others.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.