Kids Dig It! Archaeology Family Fun
April 12, 2021 @ 9:00 am – April 16, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Have you ever wondered what it is like to be an Archaeologist? What do they do? Why are they important? Head to the Abbey Museum these school holidays to find out!
Each day will be comprised of:
- 2-hour workshops – these are timed workshops comprised of 3 activities: Archaeology in the Lab, Archaeology dig, and Archery. You will need to book for a session and be ready to start the session at the time you choose.
- Three time slots per day
- Limited to 15 children per time slot (with only one adult per booked child where possible)
- The museum will also have other activities running. These include the Artisans Workshop (make a worry doll or laurel wreath), Get Crafty (paper crafts), Timeline puzzle, Midden study – Who belongs to this rubbish?, and more.
- $18.50 per child, $5 per adult
- Aimed at 6 – 12 year olds
The Abbey Cafe will be open 9.30am – 3.00pm each day.
Our facilities and staff will be well equipped to create the safest possible environment to minimise any possible risk of Covid-19 transmission. Please see COVIDSAFE information below.
IMPORTANT COVIDSAFE INFORMATION
- Please stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19; such as a headache, fever, coughing or a sore throat.
- Please stay at home if you have been in a declared hotspot, in close contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Please stay at home if you have been in contact with anyone that has been in a hotspot or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Please keep a distance of 1.5m from others.
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations provided or wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.