Abbey Museum’s School Holiday Activities
Kids Dig it and family fun activities
The Abbey Museum specialises in entertaining and engaging school holiday activities and workshops for children aged 3 to 12 years to explore history and archaeology.
Kids Dig It
Activities on offer include archery, excavating a mini archaeological dig, dress-ups, mask making, shield painting, building a pyramid, and so much more. Activities run from Monday to Friday (no weekends!)
Mon 9th – Fri 20th January – Kids Dig It! Archaeology Family Fun
Mon 3rd – Fri 6th April – Kids Dig It! Stone Age Family Fun
Mon 26th June – Fri 30th June – Kids Dig It! Medieval Family Fun
Mon 18th Sept – Fri 29th Sept (excludes weekends) Kids Dig It! Roman Family Fun
Purchase lunch from the Abbey Cafe or bring your own picnic!
General Museum admission price
Family $19.80 (1 adult up to 4 children)
Family $25.00 (2 adults up to 4 children)
Children $7.00 (5 yrs – 15 yrs old)
Please note – For kids 4yrs and under Museum admission is free! If they would like to participate in activities there is a $3.00 activity ticket fee.
Are you bringing a big group of kids?
We have special guidelines for you to ensure the best possible experience;
- Groups must pre-book (Note: only one Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) group accepted per day).
- Carers are required to provide active supervision.
- Carers are responsible for their group’s behaviour when on site.
- Maximum number per group – 60 kids.
- Minimum of 1 Carer per 10 children is required.
- Due to the nature of some activities, it is not guaranteed that OSHC groups will be able to participate in all activities.
- Larger groups will be required to split into smaller groups and participate in different activities at the same time.
Email us for more information or give us a call on (07) 5495 1652.