Abbey Museum education programs are aligned to the Australian Curriculum
All the Abbey Museum Education Programs are aligned to the Australian Curriculum – History and QSA Senior Secondary Subjects.
We offer a broad selection of activities and engaging educational experiences for history students.
Students will have a memorable experience investigating the worlds of Ancient Egypt, Ancient Rome, Medieval Europe and Aboriginal Australia.
Experience a relevant, interactive and fun school excursion just north of Brisbane.
Students will enjoy our popular, hands-on experiences, including archaeological digs, environmental heritage trails, and even an introduction to mummification!
The Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology offers an engaging learning environment including
- Displays with primary archaeological evidence of 500,000 years of world history
- Displays showcasing a broad social context
- Programs facilitated by experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Guidelines to prepare for your visit
- Downloadable activity sheets for selected programs
- Risk assessments statements
- Programs may be modified on request to suit individual school requirements