- This event has passed.
Picnic at Pemberley
August 30, 2014 @ 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Meet Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett as you step back into the world of Jane Austen, enjoy a delicious picnic afternoon in the stunning grounds of the Abbey Museum.
Start time: 1:00pm for a 2pm start
End time: 4.30pm
Price: Adults: $27.50
Children (4-15 years): $15
An afternoon of music, games and picnicking inspired by the Regency Period and the writings of Jane Austen especially Pride and Prejudice. The afternoon includes:
- A dance presentation by Dance Kaleidoscope
- The public can participate in period and maypole dancing
- Period games including Game of Graces, Game of Siam, Pall Mall, Battledore and Shuttlecock.
- A Military display by La belle Alliance
- Tours of the beautiful historic stained glass in the Abbey Church
- A delicious afternoon tea with food from the Regency era.