Join the Abbey Museum Friends and become involved in this unique Museum’s growth and development.
The Abbey Museum Friends is a group of people who have been inspired and excited by the Museum’s remarkable collection of international fine arts and antiquities. Their support of the Abbey Museum is essential to the future and ongoing sustainability of the organisation and its ability to provide vital programs, activities and experiences for visitors.
The Friends host a program of social and cultural events, including lectures and educational forums. These events are always stimulating and enjoyed in the company of like-minded people. They also organise fund-raising activities for the purchase of much needed equipment and artefacts. Join now.
Friends assist in four key ways:
- increasing awareness of the Abbey Museum
- raising funds for Museum projects
- providing gifts and bequests
- volunteering at the Museum and its events such as the Medieval Festival or Picnic at Pemberley.
Current Abbey Museum Friend’s fundraising goals are:
- Annual purchase of significant objects for the Museum
- Preservation and conservation of the Medieval stained glass in the Museum’s collection
Membership benefits include:
- Free admission to the Abbey Museum
- 50% discount on the gate price at the annual Abbey Medieval Tournament
- Monthly e-newsletter, Tabula
- Copy of the annual magazine, LINDISFARNE
- Discounts to Friend’s events like the annual lecture series, annual luncheon and other Museum functions
- Junior membership – free day pass to the Medieval Tournament
Abbey Museum Friends Events 2016
|FEB||27||The Scorpion Kings: the Men behind the Legend by Cathy Campbell||7.30 pm|
|APR||16||One Ring To Rule Them All: Towards understanding the Plethora of Bora Grounds in South East Queensland by Michael Strong||2.00 pm|
|JUL||23||Termite Trashing Trivia Night||6.00 pm|
|AUG||6||Floor Talk (To be confirmed)|
|OCT||22||Who were the Knights Templar? by Dr Terry Fitzsimmons||1.00 pm|
|NOV||12||Trivia Night||6.00 pm|
|NOV||26||A Medieval Christmas – a night of Gregorian Chant||6.30 pm|
Join online or email Bridget at email@example.com or call the Abbey Museum on 5495 1652
Renew your Membership