Join the Abbey Museum Friends!
Play an important role in preserving history and become involved in this unique museum’s growth and development.
The Abbey Museum Friends are a group of inspired supporters that wish to get more involved with what the museum has to offer, including the remarkable collections and engaging program of activities and experiences.
The Abbey Museum’s remarkable history and collection of international fine arts and antiquities, (some of which are not yet housed in the museum) has been and continues to be a source of inspiration and awe to many people near and far. We are very grateful that so many talented and energetic people are able to offer their support in many different ways. This support has been essential to our growth, ongoing sustainability and commitment to provide educational programs, activities and experiences for visitors, which align with the museum vision and mission.
Benefits of the Abbey Museum Friends’ membership
- Free admission to the Abbey Museum
- Free admission to the Abbey Medieval Festival
- Receive the monthly e-newsletter ‘TABULA’ with the latest news on the happenings at the museum and the upcoming events and floor-talks
- Receive a copy of the annual magazine ‘LINDISFARNE’
- Have first hand opportunities to support acquisitions to the collection and improvement of the Abbey Museum facilities
- Discounted admission to FRIENDS’ events including:
- floor talks
- annual dinner and luncheon
- other social functions including outings and trips
- Play an important role in preserving history
The Friends host a program of social and cultural events, including lectures and educational forums. These events are always stimulating and enjoyed in the company of like-minded people. We also organise fund-raising activities for the purchase of much needed equipment and artefacts.
Abbey Museum Friends and guests enjoy a presentation on Tell Halaf (a bronze age Egyptian site) by archaeologist Vera Windau-Heath
Friends assist in four key ways:
- increasing awareness of the Abbey Museum
- raising funds for Museum projects
- providing gifts and bequests
- volunteering at the Museum events such as the Abbey Medieval Festival or the annual Picnic at Pemberley.
Current Abbey Museum Friend’s fundraising goals are:
- Annual purchase of significant artefacts for the Museum
- Preservation and conservation of the Medieval stained glass in the Museum’s collection
|Abbey Museum of Art and Archaeology Events 2017|
|FEB||25||Vlad Dracula – the infamous impaler by Jodie Lane||7.30 pm|
|MAR||11||Abbey Trivia Night||6.00 pm|
|MAR||18||Tell Halaf and the Cradle of Civilization by Vera Windau-Heath||2.00 pm|
|APR||22||To hell and back again in the Anatolian Bronze Age: Turkey from 2200-1200 BC by Andrew Fairbairn||2.00 pm|
|AUG||5||Her Breath Smelt of Mint and Myrrh by Damien Fegan||2.00 pm|
|OCT||28||Archaeology and Medicine – From the written word to reality by Dr Michelle Barton||1.00 pm|
|NOV||11||Abbey Trivia Night||6.00 pm|
|NOV||25||A Medieval Christmas – a night of Gregorian Chant||6.30 pm|
2018 Events coming soon.
Join here or email Bridget at email@example.com or call the Abbey Museum on 5495 1652
Subscribe to TABULA the Abbey Museum newsletter and keep up-to-date!