Discover true Medieval history at the Abbey Museum
Enjoy a self-guided museum tour, experience the beauty of our medieval stained glass and be entertained by a lively talk on life in the Middle Ages.
- Ideal day for those who love to learn and those who love history and archaeology.
- Includes a guided tour of medieval, Edwardian and Victorian Stained Glass in the Abbey Church – you’ll never see these anywhere else in the Southern Hemisphere!!
- Self guided tour of the Abbey Museum archaeological gallery – a journey through the history of humankind
- Find out what life was REALLY like in the Middle Ages!
- Handle museum quality copies of a knight’s arms and armour, learn 600 year old beauty tips, savour the scent of medieval perfume and find out how Hollywood distorted history!
- Enjoy a 2 course lunch of cold meat, salad and dessert (included).
- Allow 3.5 – 4 hours
- The Museum is air-conditioned and has wheelchair access.
- It is an easy walk for people with mobility issues and bus companies can drop off at the front door.
- Comfortably holds up to 100 adults.
Booking your tour
Cost = $25.00 pp (including GST). Minimum 20 people. Includes a Stained Glass Tour, Museum Tour, Floor talk and 2 course lunch – cold meat, salad PLUS dessert. Bookings essential.
Book Now or call the Abbey Museum on (07) 54951652 for more information
Are you running a Coach Company?
Coach companies may contact the Abbey Museum to arrange a tour guide and to include our day tours in the services you offer. Bookings for our Specialty Medieval Tour should be made in advance and final numbers must be confirmed 48 hours prior to your tour.The Abbey Museum presents a unique and special day out for your club! What other coach tour from Brisbane takes you for a church tour through breathtaking Medieval Stained Glass. A coach tour to the Abbey Museum is NOT your average coach tour!